Indian entertainment industry has been going through a tough time recently. With films such as Udta Punjab and Manjhi: The Mountain Man getting leaked online days before the release, causing a lot of damage and disruption, looks like there is a blessing in disguise.

Maharashtra government has taken the matter in their hand, and is planning to set an anti-piracy unit called PIPCO in Mumbai, which will fight the menace of piracy. It is going to be similar to London's metropolitan police lab intellectual property crime unit.

According to reports, Deputy Commissioner Of Police Balsingh Rajput has trained at London’s PIPCO for three months. Now, with the Maharashtra Cyber Cell with the help of Motion Films Association’s help, he is starting the squad in India.

The unit will work on Bollywood, Hollywood as well as other commercial video piracy. There will be nine to 10 people in the squad—five from Motion Films Association and five from cyber department. The office will reportedly be at the World Trade Centre.

Filmmaker Mukesh Bhatt is apparently quite happy about this development. “I am happy with the initiative taken by our CM Devendra Phadnavis. Because Mumbai is a place where 100 yrs ago Indian Cinema began. So I am happy that he took an initiative at the birth place of Indian Cinema... And by doing this, he is helping out the industry which is dying because of piracy. I applaud the CM for this initiative. I am indeed very happy with this,” he told Spotboye.com.

First Pahlaj Nihalani’s exit, and now PIPCO, seems like the entertainment industry is reigning gradually in the recent past.