Denuvo Holding Firm

It hasn’t been a good year for Denuvo. As far as anti-piracy software goes, it has regularly been embarrassed through-out the year on numerous occasions. One of which was the day one hacking of Shadow of War. A game which included the supposed anti-piracy software.

The poor performance has led many developers to drop it from their games entirely following the launch and subsequent crack. After all, what is the point of including it if it didn’t work?

In a report via DSOGaming, however, the latest version is proving a lot more stubborn. It seems that the latest EA, Ubisoft and Sega games, which included the most recent version are all holding firm against piracy.

One of the more remarkable instances in Assassins Creed Origins, which despite being released for over a month now, has still kept the pirates at bay. This, despite many people feeling it was only a temporary issue. Well, temporary has lasted at least 1 month so far.

Has Denuvo therefore finally ‘cracked’ it?

Has Denuvo Cracked it?

Lasting for over a month now, it would seem that the latest version is holding firm. In addition, for much longer than anyone predicted.

When I wrote about Assassins Creed stating out of the pirate’s hands, I suspected that it was only a matter of time. I certainly didn’t think a month later I would be writing saying that Denuvo was still working.

Therefore, with EA, Ubisoft and Sega all including it in their most recent releases, it seems to, for the moment, to have been a good decision. Denuvo may have finally got it right!

That being said, it will only be a matter of time, but for lasting this long they have at least earnt a little credibility back.