Nacho Monreal could face punishment for Instagram post after Everton vs Arsenal

Nacho Monreal has undoubtedly been the surprise package of Arsenal's season so far.

There was a time when it looked as if his time at the Emirates was up, with Sead Kolasinac's summer arrival thought likely to speed up that process.

In reality, while key men Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil have caused Arsene Wenger no end of worry by refusing to sign new deals, the Spanish international has stepped up to the plate with two goals and some fine performances at the back.

The defender's latest strike served as the equaliser for the visitors in Sunday's 5-2 win over Everton, a victory that ultimately cost Ronald Koeman his job.

The fate of the Toffees manager is not the Gunners' problem, however, and they have every right to be delighted with the performance after initially falling behind to a Wayne Rooney screamer.

Amidst that excitement, Monreal quite understandably took to Instagram the next morning to post a video of his goal.

http://givemesport.azureedge.net/ima...8a5d65/690.jpg

The Sun have pointed out that the 31-year-old's joy may be short-lived, as he has inadvertently broken copyright law and could now face sanctions from the Premier League.

The norm is that Instagram accounts who breach piracy laws have the content taken down and it counts as a mark against the user.

Of course, it seems a little harsh given that he was the one scoring the goal, but due to the rise of streaming, the league are doing their best to curb videos like the one Monreal uploaded.

MONREAL HAS SHONE FOR ARSENAL

What matters most is that he has not missed a minute of Premier League action this season and even appears to have surprised his team-mates with his return to form.

Speaking to the club's official website after the Everton game, Hector Bellerin explained:

"That's Nacho. I think he's doing really well this year.

“It’s a bit of a change in position for him, but I think it suits him a lot and now that he’s got all the experience he’s got, he’s started scoring goals. So I’m really happy for him.

“He’s just a very cool guy, not like the normal footballer that people think of. A very good professional who takes care of himself a lot and it shows on the pitch."