Marvel v Capcom seems to be protected by an updated version of Denuvo anti-piracy software, Denuvo 5.0. This is being dubbed 5.0 and not 4.9 because it has significant updates as compared to the previous version. Version 4.8 has been updated and that means that pirates will be able to play AC: Origins, Need for Speed Payback and Injustice 2.

A cracker by the name of Voksi, from the Revolt group, had the following to say in regards to Denuvo 5.0:

BTW, Denuvo V5.0 is now out in the last Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite update. I would have called it 4.9, but there are significant changes, so I’m calling it directly V5.”

This could be a quick response to the older version being cracked. We have yet to hear from the company about the release and I am sure that won’t take too long now that this news has surfaced. It is odd that a game that is already pirated would be updated. What we do know if that upcoming games will not be pirated, games like Dragon Ball FighterZ and Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age.

It did take some time to crack Denuvo 4.8 and it might be a while before crackers can find a way around the new Denuvo 5.0 update. It is always interesting to see how long it takes crackers to figure this stuff out. We will let you know when Denuvo 5.0 gets beaten and for more news regarding such matters stay tuned to Segmentnext.

We also learned recently that Denuvo has been acquired by Iderto, a leading company that provides security for entertainment, media, connected transport, and IoT devices. You can check out how this impacts gaming performance here.

The following are the games that can now be pirated with Denuvo 4.8 being cracked:

• Sonic Forces
  • Assassin’s Creed: Origins
  • Need For Speed Payback
  • Football Manager 2018
  • Injustice 2
  • Star Wars Battlefront II
  • Star Ocean: The Last Hope HD Remaster