2020: New Year and New Vision!!!

-----------------------------------
Research and Development:

Hello BootyTape Community,

I've been making a lot of changes, rethinking, researching and renovating. In fact I upgraded our old torrent tracker last night to use updated software. Hopefully this will help with people that have connection issues that they don't usually have on other trackers. I have to admit our tracker software was an older version (2010 or before, now it's a 2016 version) with a lot of custom features so it was a little complex to upgrade. Good thing is I took my time and tested everything and altered the database to fit with the changes. Note: Free leech was the first thing I made sure was compatible.

Upgraded seed bonus points system:

I didn't double check and made a mistake when testing the new seed bonus system. The seed bonus system now uses our automated system on front end (coded in php), instead of direct code from our backend (coded in C++). I didn't have the seed bonus amount add on to your current seed bonus amount. This in turn wiped your current seed bonus amount. It's fixed now, so don't worry.

Good news I sent everyone another round of 999.99 seed bonus points, since my mistake wiped a lot of peoples seed bonus points. The seed bonus points system is fully functioning now and it works different. I would say it works better for the average seeder. You no longer need to seed to someone at the speed of 15 KB/s or more to get points. you just have to seed in general to get points. Of course people that hit and run won't get seed bonus points.

In fact with this upgraded tracker there's a lot of different things I could do but I don't want to run a super strict tracker. For example I could easily add a hit and run system that disables users download rights that don't seed 1:1 or don't seed for 12 hours.

Instead I just decided to alter how the seed bonus works so people get more seed bonus points by seeding in general. I feel making a torrent available is a powerful thing in itself and if no one downloads it, you should still get some sort of reward.

Double upload feature changing to Double seed bonus points:

The only feature I couldn't save with the new tracker is the Double Upload feature. This feature was added to torrents with a low amount of seeders to help promote site members to seed these torrents. Here's the flaw I realized, even though that feature gave you double the upload it only worked if someone downloaded from you. Instead I made those torrents get double seed bonus points.

Closing remarks:

Okay, I hope everyone enjoys these new changes and the tracker continues to run smooth. If you're having any issues message me and let me know. Also I don't know what else I want to add or alter, but if you have any ideas let me know. If it's too big of an idea I can try changing it over time. I know for example the site design could be changed, but that's a big under taking.

Best Regards,
BootyTape Webmaster