If you upload files, not just 0-day to BitMeTV continue reading, as start from the date on this PM onwards, failure to follow the FAQ will result in a warning.

Torrent Names

Not the title of the file or the .torrent file, rather the title given to the uploaded torrent. There is a section during our upload process that says "Torent Name". A majority of you have named your files appropriately and have not received a PM from me within the last few weeks, the others have and you know who I am talking to.

Q: What is the reasoning for this PM? Why are you the only one who seems to mind?

A: I can only answer the first part of this question as I cannot and will not speak for anyone other than myself. The reasoning for this is that a vast majority of our users have taken to using RSS as it's the best and fastest way to seed or get a torrent and keep a good ratio here (if you have other methods of keeping a good ratio, that is great). Failure to name your release accurately usually resorts in RSS users failing to get their file(s) or failure of being able to seed said files. Titles must ALWAYS follow similar titles used on the browse.php page. While yes, some of you may not get scene or may cap your own files, please use similar naming schemes (at least for Torrent Name sakes) for BitMeTV. I have sent out countless messages and havn't heard from anyone and some of you read them and understood them others did not or failed to read them and thus resulted in a warning if you failed to follow the guidelines.

Back to Torrent Names.

Scene Files:

So next time you get ready to upload a file, you need to have a few things handy. The DIR/RLS Name and the .torrent file created from the file you are about to upload. Where do you find the DIR/RLS name you ask? Best place is OrlyDB.org, PreDB.me,PreList.ws, Pre.Corrupt-Net.org or any place that releases GENUINE scene files (and does not rename the files for whatever reason). Then after you put the .torrent file in its section, the empty slot you've been leaving blank, is where you will enter/copy&paste the DIR/RLS name and you will avoid a warning from myself. FOV release names, include _ and #x## rather than S/E. For their names, you can use S##E## rather and remove the _ ONLY IN THE TORRENT NAME, NOT THE ACTUAL FILE NAME ITSELF

Non-Scene Files:

Files of your own captures or from p2p sources should follow the same naming scheme as scene, and almost always include . rather than a space or _. All though you are encouraged to keep your own naming schemes however you like, the torrent names used for our site should ALWAYS follow the scene naming scheme to ensure everyone who uses RSS gets the correct files.

Now the actual file name.

YOU SHOULD NEVER NEVER RENAME A SCENE FILE, REGARDLESS OF HOW INACCURATE IT MAY BE

If the file name is lowercase, do not capitalize and visa versa.
If the file name is misspelled or wrong numbering, do not change it. Scene sites do not change it, that is why a DIR FIX is issued (only time a name will change or be corrected is if its included in an INTERNAL PACK)
If the file name includes excessive mistakes, such as wrong season/episode numbering, too many numbers or whatever the case may be, LEAVE IT AS IS

RAR Files are also not welcomed and once the individual file is uploaded, it will be removed - So it's best to stay away from uploading these, and only do it if you absolutely have too.

TVRage Description Generator - Must Always Be USED

Normal/Regular Season/Episode Numbered Shows

ALL Shows that have their own category here on BitMeTV have a TVRage ID connected and will work so must be used.

Shows without a Category, you must use www.bitmetv.org/tvrageid.php to look-up that shows ID and then put it in the category it belongs.

As long as the information is on TVRage the description generator will work. If you run into problems or it doesnt work but information is available on TVrage please post it to the forums.

Talk Shows/Daily Shows

ALL Shows that have their own category here on BitMeTV have a TVrage ID connected and will work so must be used.

Shows without a Category, you must use www.bitmetv.org/tvrageid.php to look-up that shows ID and then put it in the category it belongs.

Unlike the regular season section, the Daily/Talk shows do not carry a S/E number and only a date, so a little more research must be done to file the S/E number. All talk shows on TVRage will have a S/E number but it may be more harder to find if you do not know what you are looking for. Go to the episode list on TVRage and search by the Date. It's the 3rd column listed on their site. Once the date is found, in the 2nd column is the S/E number usually looking similar to 1x01 or 01x01, to the left of the x is the season number and to the right is the episode number. Now previously higher numbered episodes would not be pulled by our TVRage Description Generator, however that has since been fixed and has been tested on The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, David Letterman, Jay Leno, Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel and Chelsea Lately. If you run into problems or failure to pull information and its available on TVRage please post to the forums.

DIR NAME: Directory Name
RLS NAME: Release Name
S/E: Season / Episode