12 Days of Christmas - Day Five

Albeit a bit late... on the fifth day of Christmas my true love sent to me: Five Golden Rings, Four Calling Birds, Three French Hens Two Turtle Doves and another Staff pick!

D's Staff Pick / LCD Soundsystem - Sound of Silver

D wrote:
LCD Soundsystem's second album is an embodiment of every unique aspect that James Murphy and the gang have created for themselves over the past 11 years. It's an anthem-filled record driven by iconic lyrics, memorable synth lines, and a dance-demanding drumbeat. I love this album more than most because of its multi-faceted ability to grip you emotionally and never let go.

• Going through a break-up? Listen to "Someone Great".
  • Need to just dance? Listen to "Get Innocuous!".
  • Do you just want to mosh it out or punch your pillow in rhythm? That's really weird, but whatever... Listen to "Us v Them".
  • Do you wanna sing and yell in the car during rush hour, but you can't really sing and you don't want the driver next to you to hear
  • your awful voice? Listen to "Time To Get Away".
  • Do you have an absurd love for New York or another city/state that uses two syllables (you can just kinda scream over James when he says "New York")? Listen to "New York, I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down".
  • Are you drinking some off-brand beer and reflecting on college wishing you could drink another beer without needing Ibuprofen in your breakfast? Listen to "All My Friends" - be sure to drink that extra beer anyways because you'll probably starting singing along.

Hopefully that covers the full spectrum of your possible emotional range, because it captures about 95% of mine. The band is back after a 4 year hiatus, and you'll just have to fill the void between another potential record with this emotional release. James Murphy (Vocals), Pat Mahoney (Drums), Nancy Wong (Synths), Al Doyle (Guitar), and Tyler Pope (Bass) are alive and playing, and so - as far as I'm concerned - everything is right with the world.
LCD Soundsystem - Sound of Silver [2007] [Album] (torrents.php?id=554)
LCD Soundsystem's second album is an embodiment of every unique aspect that James Murphy and the gang have created for themselves over the past 11 years. It's an anthem-filled record driven by iconic lyrics, memorable synth lines, and a dance-demanding drumbeat. I love this album more than most because of its multi-faceted ability to grip you emotionally and never let go.

• Going through a break-up? Listen to "Someone Great".
  • Need to just dance? Listen to "Get Innocuous!".
  • Do you just want to mosh it out or punch your pillow in rhythm? That's really weird, but whatever... Listen to "Us v Them".
  • Do you wanna sing and yell in the car during rush hour, but you can't really sing and you don't want the driver next to you to hear
  • your awful voice? Listen to "Time To Get Away".
  • Do you have an absurd love for New York or another city/state that uses two syllables (you can just kinda scream over James when he says "New York")? Listen to "New York, I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down".
  • Are you drinking some off-brand beer and reflecting on college wishing you could drink another beer without needing Ibuprofen in your breakfast? Listen to "All My Friends" - be sure to drink that extra beer anyways because you'll probably starting singing along.

Hopefully that covers the full spectrum of your possible emotional range, because it captures about 95% of mine. The band is back after a 4 year hiatus, and you'll just have to fill the void between another potential record with this emotional release. James Murphy (Vocals), Pat Mahoney (Drums), Nancy Wong (Synths), Al Doyle (Guitar), and Tyler Pope (Bass) are alive and playing, and so - as far as I'm concerned - everything is right with the world.
LCD Soundsystem - Sound of Silver [2007] [Album] (torrents.php?id=554)