Here are Three Useful Touchpad Tricks for your Surface Book

The Surface Book comes with an awesome precision touchpad and it also comes with the ability to use touchpad gestures to make your Windows 10 experience that much better. All you have to do is head over to Settings > Devices > Mouse & touchpad and tinker with a few settings.

You can adjust settings for three finger tap, four finger tap, and three finger drag/slide. For example, with a three finger tap on the touchpad, I currently have Cortana set to open. You can change this to open the Action Center instead, or disable this shortcut completely. With this gesture, all I have to do is use three fingers to tap on the touchpad to immediately fire up Cortana for a search. How cool is that?

I have the Action Center open up with a four finger tap, but you can change it to open Cortana instead or have it disabled. With a three finger drag/slide, I kept it at the default setting of “switching apps.” You can disable this option as well if you don’t see a need for it. Basically, you can use three fingers to drag down on the touchpad and this will automatically switch through your open apps.

You can also adjust various other touchpad settings by heading over to Settings > Devices > Mouse & touchpad. For example, you can enable or disable two finger tap for right click as well as two finger pinch to zoom. Give it a try and see if it helps improve your Surface Book experience!