1515295272.jpg

MOSCOW, March 22 (Itar-Tass) - RIA Novosti. Reports in the media about the possible resignation of Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov after the presidential election are "fake," official spokesperson of the diplomatic department Maria Zakharova said.

"I was asked, probably, by 20 Russian and foreign publications to comment on the publication of RTVI that ..." For several years, Lavrov has spoken about the desire to leave his post, explaining this with fatigue. However, at the request of Putin, he finalized before the presidential elections, told the sources of the publication, "- wrote Zakharova on her Facebook page.

The representative of the diplomatic department also recalled that the Russian Foreign Ministry has repeatedly commented on the news about the reshuffle in the government.

"To be honest, it looks like some kind of thrown up deuce, I think this RTVI publication is something like a fake, perhaps not intentional, but by oversight, although, who knows," Zakharova added.

He is "tired"

Earlier, RTVI referring to several unnamed sources said that Lavrov would not join the new government, since he was "tired" from the post of Minister of Foreign Affairs, which he occupies since 2004.

On the eve of Lavrov was 68 years old. His birthday the head of Russian diplomacy met in the Japanese capital, where he was on an official visit. In Tokyo, he held talks with his Japanese counterpart, who presented Lavrov a birthday cake in the shape of a soccer ball.

The reaction of the Kremlin

The Kremlin also reacted to reports of a possible resignation of Lavrov. As Dmitry Peskov, a spokesman for the Russian leader, noted, do not pay attention to media speculation on this topic.

"Let's congratulate Sergei Viktorovich on his birthday and do not pay attention to speculation!" - said Peskov.

Earlier, Russian President Vladimir Putin said that possible changes in the government of the country will begin only after the inauguration.

"Actually, all the changes in the government should be carried out by the president, who has taken office for a new term, so now I will think about what and how to do. I think that the main changes, all the changes will occur after the inauguration," said the head state.

Putin also added that he could not recruit candidates for ministerial positions. The president of the country stressed that he had begun to "think in detail" about this only after the first results of the election were known.

Link: https://ria.ru/politics/20180322/1516978551.html