A MUM plunged to her death from the top floor of a block of flats in London - as cops today continue to quiz a man on suspicion of murder.

The woman, 22, was declared dead at the scene next to the eight-storey block in Turkey Street, Enfield, yesterday.

A 26-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder and is being quizzed in custody in a North London police station.

Horrified neighbours today revealed the victim is a mum-of-one who lived on the top floor with her partner and toddler daughter, Evening Standard reports.

One 17-year-old boy said he was walking home when he saw her body on the ground as medics battled to save her.

He said: "The paramedics were working on her and doing CPR but she wasn’t moving, and from their faces you could tell she wasn’t alive.”

Another added: "I heard loud sirens and looked out of the window and saw the lady on the ground. It’s a sight I wouldn’t be able to get out of my head.”

A cordon is in place outside the block of flats today and a forensic tent it still up in the car park where the woman was found.

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "Police were called to Brookbank, Turkey Street, EN1, at 5.49pm on Sunday, April 7 by London Ambulance Service.

"A woman, aged in her 20s, was found injured in the street and was sadly pronounced deceased at the scene.

"A man was arrested nearby on suspicion of murder and he has been taken to a north London police station.

"Next of kin have been informed."