THERE'S no denying that Hubba Bubba chewing gum was the taste of our childhood.

And under most circumstances, we're all for revisiting the super sweet strawberry flavour we loved as children... except of course, when it comes in the form of expensive gin.

Taking inspiration from childhood tuck shops, Sweet Little Liqueurs launched their range of Hubba Bubba, fruit salad and Jammy Dodger-flavoured gins yesterday to the delight of many G&T lovers.

But it's safe to say the nostalgic range has totally divided the internet and caused outrage among Hubba Bubba fans.

Twitter users were up in arms over the news, asking why on earth it even exists before confirming they were "disgusted" by the violation of perfectly good chewing gum.

Because when people start messing with our favourite childhood treats, we have to ask if nothing is sacred anymore?

Another disgusted user tweeted: "couldn't think of anything worse than hubba bubba gin, wrong."

It's safe to say the distressing development warranted ample use of the vomiting emoji, with another user declaring that the news made "Jesus weep".

One fed up chewing fan boldly stated: "I am unfriending the next person to tag me in the Hubba Bubba monstrosity on Facebook."

Meanwhile, the boldly-named Gin Lord issued a "public service announcement" in which they claimed the range "do not have a place on the Gin market" and pleaded that we "stop this insanity."

However, not everyone was no distressed by the nostalgic news.

One fan of the throwback treat wrote: "I'm not being dramatic but if one of my friends/family doesn't find me some Hubba Bubba gin for my bday I'll actually cry."

Another gin fanatic described the divisive gin as looking "unreal".

But if there's one silver lining for the Hubba haters, it's currently unavailable to buy online... but considering how it instantly sold out, we're expecting it'll be restocked pronto.