A WOMAN is fuming after her neighbour announced she was planning a natural home birth – on their shared rooftop terrace.

The neighbour was left in shock after spotting a note in the lift informing all the residents of the delivery.

The typed letter said: “Dear lovely neighbours, just wanting to inform you my partner and I have booked the rooftop for our natural home birth from approximately 1pm till late on the 10th of this month.

“We will do our best to keep the noise levels down and will of course clean up after ourselves.

“Any issues please feel free to contact me.”

Taking to Facebook, the woman vented her anger online after finding the sign, asking if she was “overreacting”.

She wrote: “Like most city apartments we have a communal rooftop barbecue area.

“You can't "book" it as such but most people will leave notes in the lift and let the building manager know if they are using the space for a party.

“But I think this is ridiculous.”

The Daily Mail reported the angry neighbour saying: “I'm about five seconds from flipping a desk and writing an angry email to our building manager.”

After firing off an email to the manager, she also enquired whether it was even legal to give birth there.

The bylaws in Queensland, where the woman lives, state that communal areas can be used so long as no one “impede on the peace and recreational use of other residents”.

Commenting on the post, most people thought having a baby on the roof terrace would definitely disturb the ‘peace’ of the other residents.

And people also questioned how anyone can plan a natural birth.

One person wrote: “Honestly in an environment like that it shouldn't be encouraged.

“What if both the lifts fail? Does she think they'll fly a helicopter in to get her out?”

Another said: “This is ridiculous! But also I would not be surprised if your very entitled neighbour is dead set on having a home birth on a communal rooftop.”

A third wrote: “I think someone is having you on, to be honest.

“Unless she's being induced there's no way to predict a natural birth to that degree. Sounds like a joke.

“And if not, is it really that bad? A bit icky and unhygienic and not particularly private though.”