A WOMAN has told how she was allegedly forced to act like a dog while being held captive by her ex before he forced her to eat her eyebrows and eyelashes.

Danielle Dodds sobbed as she relived the "torturous" assault she claims Garry McNeill carried out on her.

Miss Dodds said she was left covered in bruises with a burst lip as McNeill carried out a prolonged attacked her at her home in Linwood, Renfrewshire in November last year.

She said she thought she was going to die during the attack and claimed it came to an end when he fell asleep and she managed to flee her property.

Giving evidence during his trial at Paisley Sheriff Court this week, Miss Dodds claimed: "He pulled my eyelashes out. He wanted me to eat them. He also pulled out part of my eyebrows."

"He had his hands on my throat. He also put a blanket down my throat to stop me breathing and I was choking."

Miss Dodds alleged the attack continued and moved from her bedroom to the kitchen, where McNeill used a knife on her.

She claimed: "He asked me if I would like a haircut. He grabbed me by the top knot, pushed me on to the knees and pulled me to the kitchen like a dog and made me bark."

She continued: "He asked where I kept the scissors and I said I didn't have any. He said, 'okay, it'll need to be a kitchen knife, then'.

"He grabbed me by the hair and hacked my hair off. Then he asked me if he was 'a good hairdresser'. I said, 'no', and he said, 'I need some practice, then, let's go again!'"

She continued: "There was no point in me fighting back, I thought he was going to kill me."

Miss Dodds claimed that, during the attack, she managed to make a run for her front door and got out of the internal front door but got stuck in the porch.

She claimed the accused chased after her and caught her in the porch, pulled her back in to the flat and started raining blows on her head.

She explained: "He was sitting on top of me, asking me questions and, for every response he didn't like, he punched me in the face."

Miss Dodds said McNeill later went to bed and fell asleep and that she managed to convince him while he was half asleep to give her back her phone.

She said she scoured her house for her spare car key, as he had the other, and that she texted a friend before leaving her property and eventually calling the police. She said she only returned to her home when police confirmed to her McNeill had been arrested in relation to the alleged attack.

McNeill, 32, of Glasgow, maintains his innocence over the November 2018 alleged assault and the trial, before Sheriff Colin Pettigrew, is due to continue later this month