A WOMAN born with a "tail" that keeps growing back has finally had it removed by Dr Pimple Popper.

Taylor, 22, has had the lump, named “Lizzie the Lipoma” in between her bum cheeks since she was born but over time it grew bigger.

A doctor removed the lump in 2016 but it eventually grew back.

Desperate to remove the fatty deposit, which had destroyed her self-confidence, Taylor turned to Dr Pimple Popper.

In the last episode of her new TV show Dr Sandra Lee sets to work trying to remove Taylor’s tail.

She initially refused to operate due to how close the lipoma is to Taylor’s spinal cord – Dr Pimple Popper worried she could cause permanent nerve damage.

“There's two warning bells,” she said.

“One is, why did this doctor remove this and then it came right back?

“And then the other big thing for me is, a regular lipoma does not appear at birth.

“You get that over time. There could be something else going on.”

Dr Lee ordered an MRI scan, which shows there is a deposit of fat inside Taylor's spinal cord.

She offered to remove some of the bump to make it more aesthetically pleasing, but warned the procedure could disrupt Taylor's spinal cord.

“Even tugging on this lipoma in any way could potentially disrupt the growth within the spinal cord, and I don't want to do that in any way,” Dr Pimple Popper added.

“By staying as superficial as possible I'm able to shape this well and make sure it looks good without really disrupting it.”

When the removal is complete, Dr Lee sews Taylor up with "two to three times" the normal amount of stitches to make sure the incision heals correctly.

Afterwards Taylor revealed she has decided to see a neurosurgeon to see if it's possible for her lipoma to be completely removed.

“I'm ecstatic about my results. Since my surgery with Dr Lee I feel more confident,” she said.

“When I lost a part of Lizzie, there was a lot lifted off my shoulders.”

A lipoma is a benign, fatty lump that grows under the skin.

They're harmless and can usually be left alone if they're small and painless.

They are non-cancerous and are caused by an overgrowth of fat cells.

Lipomas can grow anywhere on the body, but are most common on the shoulders, neck, chest, arms, back, bum and thighs.

They grow very slowly and don't usually cause any problems.

Lipomas don't usually need to be removed unless they're causing problems, such as pain, or if there's uncertainty about whether it's a lipoma.

However it can be removed if it is large or is in an obvious place and is affecting your self-esteem.

You should always see your GP if you develop a growth or swelling on your body.