A WIFE who was desperate to have a baby endured 29 pregnancy tests and painful hormone injections before her husband admitted he’d had a vasectomy.

The woman told how she underwent three years of “invasive and expensive” fertility treatments so she could start a family.

She blamed her Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, convinced the condition was preventing her from getting pregnant.

After 29 negative pregnancy tests she gave her husband an ultimatum, IVF or a divorce – and it was only then that he told her he'd had a vasectomy.

“After three years of painful, invasive and expensive fertility treatment, I find out my husband had a vasectomy before we met,” the anonymous woman shared in a Reddit post.

"I'm hurt, to say the least. Dr kept suggesting semen analysis but he refused.

"I supported his decision as I have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome so assumed that was the problem.

“He let me endure 29 negative pregnancy tests and numerous hormone injections and he never thought to tell me.

"I only found out then gave him the ultimatum (IVF or divorce).”

The husband claimed he’d had the procedure when he was with his ex-wife and didn’t tell her because he was worried she would leave him.

The woman has now given him three options - he gets it reversed, he agrees to her using a sperm donor or they divorce.

She finished the post with the message: "I love him. But I am broken. And given his lies, I think we’re better off not married (I could still get donor sperm and honestly, might be for the best.)”

Dozens have commented on the post and slammed the husband for putting his wife through such a gruelling ordeal.

One wrote: "This guy is straight up TRASH. Certified absolute garbage. How do you let someone you supposedly love go through all that????"

Another added: "I really hope someone is supporting her emotionally because her other half here is such a drain I'm surprised she was even able to coherently type this up."

“Good lord. I thought I’d seen some trash, but she’s married to a freaking landfill,” one mum said.