A WOMAN is debating divorcing her husband as he’s insisting on naming their new baby daughter after his ex.

The 23-year-old woman is expecting their child soon, but ever since they found out it’s a girl her husband, 24, settled on a name very personal to him.

The woman took to Reddit to ask for advice, and confessed she's considering divorcing him.

She captioned her post ‘divorce on table because husband and I can’t agree on baby's name’, acknowledging it may seem odd but it’s a “real problem”.

The mum-to-be wrote: “We've been dating for a year, been married for 2 years.

“I got pregnant like 7 months ago so recently we started discussing name for the baby.

“Ever since we found out it’s gonna be a girl my husband wants to name it like his exes name.”

But she went on to explain she wasn’t just any ex-girlfriend.

She continued: “It’s not any ex but the one he dated for long period of time and loved the most.

“In the beginning of our relationship we had many problems because of her but she moved away so the problems went away.

“He really loved her and he never hid that from me but I thought it was over once she moved away.

“Now he made it clear that he wants the baby to have that name and I can name the second child.

“When I asked him why does he want that name so badly he said just because he and his ex didn’t work out doesn’t mean he doesn’t want something to keep reminding him of her.

“He doesn’t understand how much it’s affecting me and keeps saying it’s just the hormones.

“Is he still in love with the ex or its normal that he wants to name OUR child like that.”

Her post has racked up thousands of comments, and people have assured her it’s not just her hormones.

One person said: “I'm more concerned about his lack of respect for you as his partner, his number one, his wife.”

Others pointed out the name wasn’t problem, but the fact he was clearly not over his ex.

Another person said: “Like seriously what the f*** is he thinking. I don't know your husband's feelings towards his ex but it's not normal.”

This person agreed, saying: “Divorce is on the table because this guy is more in love with his ex than he is with his wife and he doesn't even care that she knows."

A third replied: “He didn’t get his first pick in women clearly. That’s what’s wrong. He married his second choice.”

Another posted: “Your husband doesn't sound like he’s fully in it with you, if he is still pining for an ex to the point of naming a baby after her. That’s just mind boggling.”

And this person added: “The whole situation is insanely disrespectful to you, and is clearly about way more than just the name of the baby.”

A few people had suggestions instead, with this person saying: “Tell him to change his own name if he’s that obsessed.”

Another thought: “Tell him that you want to name your second child after one of your previous f*** buddies because the sex was so good you just want to be reminded of it even though things didn't work out.”

A third person recommended: “Just give the first child a double barrel first name.

“Both being names that make either parent uncomfortable. Everyone loses.”

And this person said: “Divorce him and name her after yourself so he has to call his daughter by YOUR name every time he speaks to her.”