A HEARTBROKEN widower has paid an emotional tribute to her husband who died saving her in the Westminster terror attack.

Kurt Cochran managed to push his wife Melissa out of the way of murderer Khalid Masood's oncoming truck as he deliberately drove at pedestrians on the bridge.

She suffered a broken leg, fractured ribs and broke her back in three places but ultimately survived the attack.

Her brave husband was killed when he was struck by Masood's speeding Hyundai Tucson and launched over the bridge and onto the pavement below.

Mrs Cochran, who was visiting London with Kurt from their home in Utah, recalled how rescuers told her of her husband's heroics and said he would have "done it for anyone".

In an emotional interview with the BBC, she said: "I recall hearing an engine revving and I quickly looked over and remember seeing the hood of the car but I don't recall anything else.

"They told me that he (Kurt) pushed me out of the way... basically sacrificed his life for mine.

"It isn't surprising, to be honest. Kurt would have done that for anyone, honestly.

"The fact that it was me standing next to him - if it had been a complete stranger - Kurt would have been that kinda guy.

"From day one, from the beginning, I was grateful to be alive.

"Obviously I'm super sad that Kurt's not here and it's been really hard without him. But never once have I not wanted to be here without him.

"Knowing that he saved me sure makes me wanna make him proud and recover best I can and go on and do what I can for my family and myself."

It come as the distraught widow of PC Keith Palmer hit out at the Met police saying her husband was "left with no protection" as he stood outside the Palace of Westminster.

Michelle Palmer said the police had "let Keith down" after a coroner found that there were shortcomings in the security system.

Mark Lucraft QC, the Chief Coroner of England and Wales, concluded that all five victims of the Westminster terror attack were “unlawfully killed”.

Coroner Lucraft also said it was “possible” Pc Keith Palmer’s death could have been prevented if armed officers had been at the Carriage Gates at the Palace of Westminster when Khalid Masood attacked.

Neil Basu, Scotland Yard's head of counter-terror policing, apologised following the coroner's findings.

PC Palmer was murdered by terrorist Khalid Masood during the attack on Westminster Bridge in March last year.

The 48-year-old was unarmed when Masood - wielding two large knives - came charging towards him shortly after he mowed down pedestrians in his car on Westminster Bridge.

Four others died in the attack after being hit by the knifeman's car.