A MAN who was diagnosed with liver failure has passed away just four days after marrying the love of his life.

28-year-old Lee Maddison and wife Kirsty, 32, were married at Lee's home in Hull on March 8, just three weeks after he was told he only had weeks to live.

Lee passed away on March 12, after being diagnosed with liver failure, Hull Live reports.

It's reported it was "too late" for the dad to be treated.

It was Lee's dying wish to marry Kirsty and with the help of friends and family, the heartbroken bride-to-be managed to raise enough money to pay for their "dream" ceremony.

But now, the mum cannot give Lee the "send off he deserves", unless she manages to raise hundreds of pounds to pay for a funeral.

"Lee was the most caring and kindest person you would ever meet," said Kirsty.

"He was so loving towards his family and was a great, fantastic dad and step-dad to all the kids.

"He was a keen fisherman and fantastic dad to the three of my kids and his own daughter.

"He has had to deal with a lot. He had a very hard life. He had a daughter aged 16, his mum died when he was 18 from cancer and his dad was wheelchair bound and he had to care for him."

The mum explained if her husband had been diagnosed earlier, there could have been the possibility of Lee - who has also battled cirrhosis and kidney damage - receiving a transplant.

"It was just too late," she said.

"We had always wanted to go away to get married and had been saving up for some time.

"We wanted to get married abroad but when Lee got the diagnosis, I knew what we had to do."

Kirsty described their wedding as a "dream come true" explaining friends and family all chipped in to help.

"I managed to fulfil his wish thanks to family and friends who got flowers and cake and all rallied around for the day," she said.

"It was perfect, but he died four days later which was obviously heartbreaking. But I am pleased that I could give him his final wish."

Kirsty and the rest of the family are desperate to give Lee "the send off he deserves" but are struggling to pay for the costs of a funeral.

Kirsty - who is on long-term sick leave from work - explained she needs to raise £1,500 by March 26.

"I'm expected to do all this on my own and fund it myself - I just want my husband laid to rest," she said.

"I need to pay £1,500 by March 26, and then I can pay the other £2,500 after the funeral at £100 until it's paid off.

"If you can afford just £5 then that would be brilliant, or if you can't, then please share the page instead."