THE White House is “fully confident” that Brett Kavanaugh will be confirmed on the US Supreme Court after receiving the FBI's background investigation into the judge.

Federal super cops were tasked by US President Donald Trump last week to look into allegations of sexual misconduct levelled against Kavanaugh by three women.

On Wednesday evening, The Wall Street Journal, citing unnamed sources, reported that the White House had reviewed interview reports from the probe and found no corroboration of the allegations of sexual misconduct.

According to the Journal, the FBI report may do little to provide clarity and essentially leaves senators in the same position as they were last week: two witnesses giving different accounts on what occurred.

The investigation was launched after Dr Christine Blasey Ford - the first woman to come forward - testified before the Senate Judiciary last week about her claims against the federal judge.

Raj Shah, the principal deputy press secretary for the White House, said the FBI report is currently "being transmitted to the Senate."

"With [Senate Majority] Leader [Mitch] McConnell’s cloture filing, Senators have been given ample time to review this seventh background investigation," Shah said in a statement posted to Twitter.

“This is the last addition to the most comprehensive review of a Supreme Court nominee in history, which includes extensive hearings, multiple committee interviews, over 1,200 questions for the record and over a half million pages of documents.”

Shah said the “White House is fully confident” Kavanaugh will be confirmed to the Supreme Court in the Senate vote.

Attorneys for Ford slammed the FBI background investigation.

The statement read: "An FBI supplemental background investigation that did not include an interview of Dr Christine Blasey Ford - nor the witnesses who corroborate her testimony - cannot be called an investigation.

"We are profoundly disappointed that after the tremendous sacrifice she made in coming forward, those directing the FBI investigation were not interested in seeking the truth."

Ford told the committee that she was "100 per cent" certain that Kavanaugh was her attacker ,while judge has vehemently denied the allegations.

Earlier this week, Trump mocked Dr Ford and the "evil people" trying to destroy judge Kavanaugh at a rally in Mississippi.

The Republican firebrand ignited the crowd as ran through a list of what he described as holes in Ford's testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

She testified that Kavanaugh pinned her on a bed, tried to take off her clothes and covered her mouth in the early 1980s - an allegation he's denied.

Speaking of Ford at the rally, Trump said: "How did you get home? 'I don't remember. How did you get there? 'I don't remember.' Where is the place? 'I don't remember.'

"How many years ago was it? 'I don't know. I don't know. I don't know.'"

Imitating Ford, he added: "But I had one beer that's the only thing I remember."

The president said accusations against Kavanaugh have ruined the judge’s life and his accusers share the blame with Democratic members of the Senate.

“And a man’s life is in tatters, a man’s life is shattered, his wife is shattered, his daughters – who are beautiful, incredible young kids,” he said.

“They destroy people, they want to destroy people. These are really evil people and then you see the people who are doing it,” Trump said.

“I could tell you things about everyone one of them.”

It marked the sharpest criticism by Trump of Ford since she came forward publicly with the allegation last month - and had previously called her a "very credible witness."

Ford's lawyer Michael Bromwich called Trump's attack "vicious, vile and soulless."

He tweeted: "Is it any wonder that she was terrified to come forward, and that other sexual assault survivors are as well?

"She is a remarkable profile in courage. He is a profile in cowardice."