WELLWISHERS have raised more than £50,000 for a cancer survived kicked out of a petrol station because his facial scarring was "scaring customers".

Kirby Evans - who lost his left eye and his entire nose to skin cancer - was booted out of Forks Pit Stop in Walterboro, South Carolina.

The 65-year-old had tried to enjoy a coffee and a doughnut but a manager told him to leave.

He told ABC News 4: "Next thing I know, 'come here' - she jerked me into her office. The words that came out of her mouth hurt me so deep."

His daughter Brandy has so far raised £56,000 ($74,000) for him on GoFundMe after taking to Facebook to tell of the ordeal her dad went through.

Mr Evans claims he was told to cover his face or get out because other customers were scared of him.

He added: "How can a person eat anything with his face covered?"

Meanwhile, Brandy said: "The owner grabbed him by his shirt and pulled him into her office. She told him, if he was going to eat in here he would have to 'cover his face'.

"He left and went home in tears to tell me what happened".

She added: "My father is a cancer survivor. He lost his eye and nose to this awful cancer. He cannot help what the cancer did to him."

Mr Evans was stuck down with basal cell carcinoma and can't afford reconstructive surgery.

His skin is also so sensitive that he can't wear an eye patch.

Brandy added: "It rubs the eye socket raw and where his nose was.

"It has to stay open and nothing is to touch that area that might rub it raw."

But a woman who appeared to identify herself as the heartless shop manager brazenly defended her decision.

She wrote: "I run a food service business where people dine in. I do not see absolutely anything wrong with what I did.

"He would come in at lunch time and sit at the food booths right at my busy time every day. I have bills to pay and I work very hard to please customers."