AN UGLY encounter between two motorists in the UK has been filmed on camera.

The footage shows a massive traffic jam, with a driver of a black VW sitting on the wrong side of the road while a van is trying to go the opposite direction.

The two are stuck in a standoff, neither willing to go back and make room for the other to go around them.

“I’m not going to reverse,” says the driver in the van, while the other indicates with his hand for him to go around.

“No. Go back. I don’t care,” he adds when the motorist continues to refuse to move.

The driver filming then sounds his horn in frustration and the situation escalates as the other man gets out of his car and aggressively approaches the van.

While it’s unclear what he’s saying, he tries to open the door while the man inside the car tells him, “I’ve got you on camera. You’re in oncoming traffic”.

A woman then gets out of the car and manages to drag the shouting driver back to his vehicle who concedes and eventually uses a driveway to turn around and drive off.

The video was posted to ‘Idiot UK Drivers Exposed’ Facebook page where hundreds of people commented who they thought was in the wrong.

“What a d--- head. Wrong side of road and gets aggressive because somebody won’t let him do as he pleases. Good on the van driver not letting him bully his way through,” said one user.

“I’m on the van driver’s side. However, if you’re going to say ‘respect the law’, don’t drive with a great big crack on your windscreen and use your mobile. Pot and kettle,” wrote one user, suggesting the van driver was also at fault.