A WOMAN who was raped by a convicted sex offender she met on Tinder has described him as a “monster” who abused her trust and used her “like a piece of dirt”.

Patrick Nevin, 37, attacked two women in the space of four days after chatting them up on the dating app.

Last July he pleaded guilty to rape of one woman at Bellewstown, Co Meath on July 12, 2014 and to sexual assault of a second woman at an unknown place in Co Meath on July 16, 2014.

Today, the woman he raped told the Central Criminal Court: “To say I was terrified is an understatement.

“After he raped me I was convinced he was going to leave me for dead in that area – beside an old graveyard.

“I had images running through my head of how he was going to kill me. He had the strength.”.

Last December he was convicted at Dublin Circuit Criminal of the sexual assault of a Brazilian student he also met on Tinder after driving her to the UCD campus.

He is due to be sentenced for that on Friday.

Nevin, with a previous address at Meadowlands Court, Mounttown Road, Dún Laoghaire, was jailed for seven years in 2001 for a horror attack on his then girlfriend after he killed her two dogs with a banister rail from the home they shared at the time.