A WOMAN hunted by cops after threatening to pull a knife on a mum and baby on the Tube has been revealed as a social media-obsessed student.

Millicent Barnes, 21, launched into a furious row with the family, who were travelling with a one-year-old child, last month.

But the University of Northampton student told Mail Online she believes she was the victim after claiming the family ganged up on her.

She said: "I was not carrying a knife, the mother of the child was the person who threatened me after me being shouted at and verbally assaulted by four members of her family.

"Simply because I asked for an apology for the grandfather jamming the pram into my ankle twice. The woman threatened me with the knife."

British Transport Police said today they had been contacted by a woman in her 20s who will be interviewed in due course.

They yesterday issued an appeal yesterday to track down the woman after the incident on the packed Central Line train.

The one-year-old reportedly lightly kicked the commuter - causing her to become verbally abusive towards the mum.

She then allegedly demanded an apology in a threatening and aggressive way and scared of other passengers by claiming she had a knife in her bag.

As the train arrived at the next station station staff spotted the row and pulled the mum and her baby from the carriage.

Millicent, from South London, has spoken about the incident on her Twitter and Instagram pages to her 7,000 followers.

She admitted "reacting" during the row but claimed she never threatened anyone with a knife.

A spokesman for British Transport Police said: "This was a frightening ordeal for the family who were shaken by this woman's aggressive language.

"This woman immediately became abusive to the mother, demanding the mother to apologise in an aggressive and threatening manner.

"Other passengers intervened to calm the situation, however the woman then intimated that she had a knife in her bag.

medics
"Officers believe the woman in this CCTV image may have information which could help them investigate."

The family boarded the westbound train at Bank shortly before 6pm on July 18 with her baby in a pram.

Anyone with information should call 0800 40 50 40, using reference 517 of July 18, 2018, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.