AFTER news of Chinese President Xi Jinping possibly ruling his country into the indefinite future, a transcript has surfaced of Donald Trump saying he might do the same.

In closed-door remarks, a recording of which was obtained by CNN, Trump congratulated Xi for consolidating power, adding he wouldn’t mind making such a move himself.

“He’s now president for life. President for life. And he’s great,” Trump said.

“And look, he was able to do that. I think it’s great. Maybe we’ll give that a shot some day.”

China’s ruling Communist Party last month proposed removing a two-term limit on presidential terms, a suggestion almost sure to be adopted by the country’s rubberstamp parliament during its annual session starting March 5.

In the closed-door meeting from yesterday, Trump also complained about Hillary Clinton not being investigated after the 2016 presidential election, making claims it is a “rigged system” that still doesn’t have the “right people” in place to fix it, during a freewheeling speech to Republican donors in Florida on Saturday.

“I’m telling you, it’s a rigged system folks,” Trump said.

“I’ve been saying that for a long time. It’s a rigged system. And we don’t have the right people in there yet. We have a lot of great people, but certain things, we don’t have the right people.”

Trump has openly attacked his Attorney-General, Jeff Sessions, on Twitter for not taking what he views as necessary steps to investigate Clinton’s actions involving her private emails server.