A COUPLE who announced their engagement on social media has been cruelly mocked for the size of the bride’s ring.

Food blogger Jen Phanomrat, from New York, uploaded a heartfelt couple photo with the caption: “9 years later, I said YES to my best friend!”

The photo revealed Jen’s proudly showing off a simple gold band engagement ring featuring a pearl.

Some of Jen’s followers, who watch her YouTube channel Just Eat Life, which has 81,000 subscribers, gushed about how happy they were for the couple.

But there were numerous trolls who slammed Jen’s partner Leo Samanamud for the size of the ring he proposed with.

One cruel Instagram user wrote: “It just seems like he went into the store like “show the smallest ring ever made.”

Another wrote on the photo of the beaming couple: “If my guy ever got me a ring like that I’d smack him into next year. Just sayin.”

And one internet user wrote: “So are we all just going to pretend like that ring isn’t microscopically small?”

But some followers slammed the trolls and told Jen to ignore the haters.

One wrote: “Congrats … and the ring is beautiful! I feel sorry for those so completely absorbed by the false concept that bigger is better.”

Another added: “Congratulations! Your ring is beautiful and the meaning behind it is priceless. Wish you two the very best!!”'

Regardless of the mean comments she received, Jen said she was “delighted” with the simple band.

Speaking to Yahoo Lifestyle, Jen said: “He knew exactly what type of ring I’d love.

“A delicate, hammered gold ring with a tiny pearl. I don’t usually wear any jewellery, but when I do, it’s simple and minimal.”

She added that as a cooking show host, having a large diamond wouldn’t be practical for her messy work.

Jen explained: “What mattered to me the most was the tiny detail on the inside of the ring.

“He asked the ring maker to inscribe the initials of our nicknames for each other. I swear I thought I was floating in the air when he pointed it out. My heart smiles every time I see it.”

She admitted that she and fiance Leo had debated whether they should share the news with their followers, but said that her fans had become her family.

Jen said she is used to online hate, but never expected the level of abuse she received over the ring.

What shocked her the most was that many of the cruel remarks came from women who had taken the time to dampen her happy moment.

Luckily she has removed many of the comments now and said that she’s looking forward to her future with her fiance.

She added: “What Leo and I do want those people to know is that we mostly choose experiences over material things, and we encourage others to think about how they measure value in life.”