TRIBUTES have poured in for Lewis Hamilton's former grid girl who was killed in a horror car crash.

Kate Woodcock, 30, died when her BMW crashed into a wall near Stonnall Service Station in Walsall at around 10.20pm on Thursday.

Miss Woodcock had modelled for magazines and worked as a Formula One grid girl for world champions Sebastian Vettel and Lewis Hamilton.

Flowers with touching messages tied to them were left at the scene where Miss Woodcock was declared dead by paramedics.

One message said: “My beautiful sister, I love you so much. I am going to miss you! To (sic) young, to (sic) early to go, life will never be the same. Love you.”

Another note, decorated with butterflies, said: “My beautiful friend, I’m going to miss you so much !! Such a kind and caring person with such a happy soul.

“We’ve shared lots of good times. I’m gutted your (sic) no longer with us. I’ll never forget you. Love Emily.”

A JustGiving page set up to help with Miss Woodcock's funeral costs exceeded its £4,000 target by £700 thanks to generous donors.

A notice on the fundraising page made by pal Lucy Ford read: “On September 27 our lives were turned upside down when we tragically lost Kate.

“Kate was a beautiful special girl who will be missed deeply by everyone who knew her."

Earlier this year, Miss Woodcock criticised F1's decision to scrap grid girls.

She told The Sun: "I did it because I wanted to do it and loved it.

"It’s professional and nobody crossed the line once.

"I was booked because I was intelligent, well-spoken, hard-working and those elements go into the whole package."

Her modelling agency SDMPE tweeted: "We’d like to take the time out to pay a special tribute to Kate Woodcock.

"We’re deeply shocked and saddened to lose such a lovely, beautiful girl and an exceptional model who shined very bright always."

A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman said: “On arrival ambulance staff found a car that had suffered significant damage.

“The woman driving the vehicle had suffered very serious injuries and unfortunately, there was nothing that could be done to save her and she was confirmed dead at the scene.”

Two ambulances, a paramedic officer and the West Midlands CARE team were sent to the scene.

Anyone who witnessed the collision, has dashcam footage or may have witnessed the black BMW Miss Woodcock was travelling in, is asked to call 101, quoting incident number 894.