A TRANSGENDER thug has been spared jail over a bottle attack after he said he would not be "comfortable" in a women's prison.

Darren Jenner, 18, from Blackpool, was found guilty of bottling someone and subsequently given a community order by a judge.

But the teen had previously disregarded the order he had been given at Preston Crown Court last July by not turning up for appointments because he was in bed.

The 24-month order had included anger management, alcohol intervention and 40 days' rehabilitation, reported Daily Mail.

Jenner admitted breaching the order and appeared at Burnley Crown Court between last October and February.

The 18-year-old's barrister, Sarah Gruffydd, said he had been "in a dark place" which prompted the judge to be more forgiving instead of handing him a four month detention order.

'UNCOMFORTABLE' IN FEMALE PRISON
After Jenner breached the lenient order Judge Andrew Jefferies, QC, gave to him, he was then spared jail.

Katie Jones, prosecuting for the probation service, said that 'quite lengthy steps' were taken to make sure Jenner complied.

She said: "If he can convince the court that from now on he will fully comply they would be recommending the breach be marked by an electronic curfew."

Jones also said that Jenner had had no record before the offence took place, but had been convicted of being drunk and disorderly since.

The teen's barrister told the court: "He is a young man with a terrible background, who has struggled to come to terms with his problems, to address them."

Sentencing for the breach, Judge Jefferies told the defendant: "When you walk out of court today, you are going to have a huge smirk on your face, believing you are pulling one over on me or walk out with a huge sense of relief. I hope you walk out with a huge sense of relief.

"Because of what I am told is the position of you recently complying and the fact that you would go to a female prison, which would not be comfortable for you or somebody else there, on this occasion I am going to do what probation asks."

Jenner was given a one-month curfew at his home, between 7pm and 7am.