THE social media app, which is used by paedos to groom kids as young as eight, has launched measures to protect kids in America — but WON'T in Britain.

TikTok, which lets users create and share short videos with music and camera effects, has been branded a "magnet for paedophiles" by concerned campaigners and parents.

The app has banned under-13s and introduced ID checks in the US, however there are no plans of introducing these safety measures in the UK.

Children in the US must now upload a copy of their ID to prove they are over the age of 13, reported The Mirror.

The rule-change was brought in after TikTok bosses were fined £4.3million for gathering data on US children, including their names, locations and email addresses.

This information was released by the app Musical.ly which was bought by TikTok in 2017.

Andy Burrows, NSPCC’s Associate Head of Child Safety Online, told the Sun Online: “We know that a disturbing amount of children are being contacted via livestreaming apps by abusers using them as a hunting ground.

“It’s alarming how little progress has been made by social networks to combat this.

“Shockingly, a quarter of 40,000 children in our research had livestreamed with someone they have never met, and one in 20 children had been asked to take their clothes off."

The newly-introduced safety measure comes after a Sun Online investigation revealed that kids are being targeted by predators and bombarded with sexually explicit messages on a new social media app.

PREDATORS 'DO NOT HIDE AT ALL'
Once logged in with an account, users can then post videos of themselves which are broadcast to other people - any of whom can then message the person directly.

Sun Online downloaded the app and within minutes we were confronted by deeply disturbing and sexually suggestive comments underneath videos of young schoolchildren innocently singing or dancing.

We saw some users telling young girls to “show me those legs baby come on” and describing them as “sexy”, “hot”, “yummy” and “proper fit”.

One sick user said “I’ll risk the arrest…I don’t mind” under a video of a schoolgirl singing to the camera while another wrote “how much do you charge by the hour?”

In another video a user asked a girl to lift her skirt up while another wrote “I’d s**g”.

Horrified parents also told The Sun Online how their children had been subjected to unwanted aggressive direct messages from older men.

The app is currently one of the most popular in the world, ranked as 7th in the Apple charts - above Spotify, Netflix, and Snapchat.

TikTok is now available in 75 languages and was downloaded more than 104 million times on Apple's App store during the full first half of 2018.

Despite this, experts have warned of its danger with John Carr, one of the UK’s leading experts on child online safety, saying: “There’s no question an app like this is a magnet for paedophiles.”

Responding to the findings TikTok told the Sun Online safety on the app was their "top priority" but said it was becoming an "increasingly challenging situation".