SAD Thomas Markle has revealed he fears daughter Meghan will never see him or speak to him again.

The ex-TV lighting director, 74, believes he will be “locked out” for ever after he gave a series of interviews about her marriage to Prince Harry.

Thomas, speaking from his home in Mexico, said: “I don’t expect to see her or hear back from her and that’s OK.”

The father of three has not spoken to former actress Meghan, 37, since the day after she wed Harry in May.

Thomas said he believed his interviews had “locked the door, pulled the windows down and closed the shades” between him and the royals.

But he was unrepentant about his decision to publicly speak out.

He said: “All I was doing was saying things I wanted to say.

“I now want to go on vacation somewhere and try to get some peace.”

'I’ve been locked out for ever...good luck and God bless Meg'

THOMAS Markle fears he may be “locked out for ever” by daughter Meghan and the royals.

The 74-year-old American says he doesn’t expect to hear from the Duchess and has wished her luck.

He spoke in an interview after a string of public statements he said had “locked the door, pulled the windows down and closed the shades” between him and Kensington Palace.

And he told The Sun: “I want to say good luck and God bless to my daughter. I don’t expect to see her or hear back from her — and that’s OK.

“All I was doing was saying things I wanted to say. I just want to re-establish the relationship with my daughter.

“I now want to go away on vacation somewhere and try to get some peace.”

Ex-lighting director Thomas did not receive a birthday card from Meghan last month, despite sending two to her when she turned 37 on August 4.

He is still desperate to hear from the new royal, but recognises that she may never come back to him following a series of devastating interviews.

The pair have not spoken since the day after she married Prince Harry, 33, in May.

Thomas — who missed the Windsor Castle wedding after heart surgery — said he still hoped Meghan would look after him when he grows older.

Speaking about his relationship with his daughter, he said wistfully: “She is even further away now than she was before.

“I just want a father-daughter relationship. If that means Christmas cards, birthday cards and getting together for the holidays — that is what I want.

“The other thing is — this will sound a little greedy —   but I took care of my mother for the last five years of her life.

“My daughter said she’d take care of me in my declining years. I’m not talking money, I’m talking about taking care of me. That’s important to me.”

Thomas, who lives in Rosarito, Mexico, sparked fresh turmoil yesterday by recalling how he hung up on Harry during a heated telephone conversation.

He was in Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center in San Diego, having had surgery following a heart attack days before the wedding.

But he said that when Harry and Meghan called, the Prince, who had warned him not to speak to the media, said: “This is what happens when you don’t listen to what we tell you to do.”

It was days after Thomas was caught co-operating with a paparazzi snapper.

“I felt like I was being blamed for my mistakes when I was in my hospital bed recovering from a heart attack. I felt like I had to defend myself.”

Thomas added to a friend: “I just had surgery and I’m laying in a f***ing bed. This changed my attitude.

“I followed all this b****** protocol all year and it was the last f***ing thing I needed.

“My response was, ‘Would you rather have me dead so you can cry about it’?”

Thomas told them they could “pretend to be sad” and hung up the tense call.

He admitted that although he was upset, Harry was right to criticise him for co-operating with the photographer, having already lied about the staged pictures.

Thomas had denied collaborating with the snapper for a series of shots, including one of him being measured for a suit, until conclusive CCTV pictures were published.

He told The Sun: “When the suit measurement pictures came out, Harry asked, ‘Did you really do these pictures’? I lied and said I was being measured for a hoodie.

“I thought at this point I would get away with it. But then it was exposed and I told Meghan and Harry I would not go to the wedding.

“They said not to worry about it and wanted me to go.”

Thomas had already been upset after not receiving one of 600 official invitations sent out for his daughter’s wedding.

Neither was he visited by the British consulate in LA, who he says arrived at the home of Meghan’s mum Doria to present a scroll bearing the Queen’s formal announcement.

More upsetting was the news that there was no room for him to make a speech during the wedding celebrations.

Thomas says he told Harry over the phone that he would like to “make a little speech” at the ceremony, but was informed he would have to speak to Meghan.

She is then said to have told him there was “no room” for the “cute story” he had prepared.

Thomas, who also spoke to The Mail on Sunday, said: “The speech was about the calls Meghan made to me when she told me about Harry.”

Despite accepting his relationship with his daughter could be over, Thomas said he wished the new royal couple all the best.

He previously told The Sun on Sunday that he believed Meghan looked “terrified” in her role as a duchess — but now believes she will be a “motherly” wife to Harry.

Thomas said: “Meghan is very maternal by nature. She loves to cook and she will mother Harry.

“He’s eating properly now, he’s dressing the way she wants him to. All men need that.”

Thomas says his rift with Meghan began after his eldest daughter Samantha, 53, and 51-year-old son Tom Jnr — from his first marriage to Roslyn — made openly critical comments about the Duchess.

Thomas said: “Meghan asked me to tell Samantha to stop talking about her and then asked me to stop talking to Samantha.

“I have two daughters. I can’t stop talking to one of them.

No father should be asked to turn his back on their children. I love Meghan, but I also love Samantha.”

But he also called for his children to stop criticising Meghan.

Estranged Tom Jnr, who urged Harry to dump Meghan weeks before the wedding, was photographed meeting his dad last month.

"But Thomas insisted it was an ambush.

He said: “I’ve already expressed a message and that is for them all to shut up. Tom ambushed me — it wasn’t a reunion I had planned.

“He followed me to an ATM and came up to me saying, ‘You’re a hard man to find’. I said I had nothing to say to him, but he kept babbling on.

“I said, ‘Are you here with the Press’? and he said no. Then photographs appear in a newspaper.”

Thomas said he “loathed” the circus his life had become and said he wanted to leave Mexico to get back his “boring” life of anonymity.

He said Meghan and Harry would remember him with the “Markle nose” in their grandchildren — and went on: “I wish them well, but this isn’t going to make or break me.

“I love Harry, I love my daughter. I wish them all the love and best wishes for the future. But I am not sitting here crying.

“I’m not mad at Harry. I’m not mad at Meghan. I love them. I wish them well. But as for the rest of it, f*** it. I’m done.”

Kensington Palace was contacted for comment last night.