A TESCO delivery driver has gone viral after accidentally telling a customer he loves her in a hilarious voicemail message.

Leanne Thomas, 33, from Carmarthen, South Wales, was left chuckling when truck driver Simon called to say her delivery would be arriving early - and signed off with a declaration of love.

The poor bloke seems to have mistaken Leanne for his other half - and told her: "Bye, love you, love you."

When he realised his mistake, he can be heard chuckling and correcting himself, politely saying: "Sorry, excuse me."

Leanne posted a recording of the voicemail on Tesco's Facebook page the day after meeting Simon, who she reckons was in his mid 40s.

She wrote: “Please please please give my delivery driver an extra day off… he made my day yesterday!”

The message started off professionally enough, with Simon telling Leanne: “I'm just running early - I can be with you in about five minutes. I hope to see you there.”

The recording has had social media in stitches, with people commenting: “What a sweetheart”, “Every Little Helps” and “Hahaha… so cute and funny”.

Others labelled Simon a “sweetheart.” The video was viewed more than 4,300 times.

Leanne later revealed Simon was very embarrassed when he arrived with her groceries.

She said: "He was a bit-red faced when he came to the door and he apologised profusely, but I told him he’d made my day and we had a good laugh."