REMEMBRANCE Day has arrived and will see all Australians stop and remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice, 100 years after the World War I came to an end in 1918.

Australian Army Cadet Corporal Adrian Shanks is on his own journey to help protect Australia’s future in his training at Larrakia base and currently leads a cadet section in their training.

He said Remembrance Day brought him, and all members of society, closer to each other in honouring all who have falled - not just those in World War I.

“I had an ancestor who went to Gallipoli and the army cadets and being able to take part in Remembrance Day means a lot, it means I feel closer to the people who died at Gallipoli,” he said.

“The thing that makes the day special is pretty much it means everyone is coming together to remember, we’re not divided on the day — we’re becoming one to remember the soldiers that gave their lives.”

Services at Palmerston’s Memorial Park, the Adelaide River War Cemetery, the Darwin Cenotaph and the North Darwin RSL will commence at 10.30am to commemorate the end of World War I.