THIS is the terrifying moment a woman is savaged by a Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

Sue Ghizdeanu was left needing five stitches when she tried to stop the unleashed dog from attacking her own pooch as they went for a walk.

The 52-year-old has since revealed she is now constantly on guard as she walks Tyson, also a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, after the horrifying attack in Goole, Humberside, on Tuesday.

Reliving the attack, she said: "We got to near the Chinese takeaway and the dog just came charging up to me.

"I tried to stop him from attacking Tyson and ended up with my hand in its mouth. It was really frightening.

"It was really going for Tyson and then went for me when I tried to stop it."

CCTV footage shows Ms Ghizdeanu trying to pull the dogs apart when the other owner strolls up.

She said: "He managed to split the dogs up.

"He then got his partner to get a bowl of water to wash his dog's face as there was a lot of blood from my hand.

"He didn't apologise though, I was disgusted."

Ms Ghizdeanu had to be hospitalised after the attack, needing five stitches and staying overnight.

She revealed she was now wary on her walks, saying: "I won't be changing the route I walk Tyson, but I am really wary now when I go out."

Humberside Constabulary has been contacted for comment.