THIS is the moment a cruel armed robber douses two women in lighter fluid before setting one on fire during a terrifying daylight shop raid.

Harrowing CCTV footage shows the thief bind his victims - a customer and a shopkeeper - with duct tape before covering them in the fuel.

Earlier, he held up the stunned store clerk by waving his handgun in her face at the Pit Stop convenience store in Palestine, Texas.

The gunman can be seen forcing staff member Linda Camire into a corner as he makes his way behind the counter.

He is then able to open the cash register and takes up to $800 (£613), police said according to KLTV-TV.

But as he goes to leave he bumps into a woman entering the store.

The sick thief then appears to embrace her before tricking the woman into following him to the counter.

DOUSED IN FUEL
It is here that her terrifying ordeal begins - as she is forced to the ground while her hands and feet are bound together.

The evil thug then pours out lighter fluid on the helpless women - and sets fire to the customer.

She is seen being engulfed in flames while the robber makes off with his stash.

Petrified Linda said told KXAS-TV: "He started taping me up everywhere and said as long as I was quiet and didn’t speak I’d be fine.

"I was praying the whole time that [god] would help me, save me, that’s what I did."

ESCAPES WITH HER LIFE
Thankfully the woman, named locally as Della Witt-Denizeri, is able to wriggle free as the blaze takes hold.

She can be seen wresting her hands from the tape before Linda helps her to take off her coat and beat down the flames.

Ms Witt-Denizeri was rushed to the burn unit at Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas suffering injuries to her head, face, and neck.

Andy Harvey, the chief of police in Palestine, said: "The suspect … decided to pour lighter fluid on the cashier and the customer. Right before he left, he lit a match and lit them on fire."

Robert Thompson, 40, has been arrested on suspicion of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and aggravated robbery.

He is being held on a $4million bond.

Police say he fled the scene in a white car being driven by a female who is being questioned by detectives.

Muhamammad Khan, the store owner, said: "All I can say is thank God no one got hurt that bad."