A TERMINALLY ill husband whose cheating wife tried to kill him three times to be with her lover visited her in jail on their wedding anniversary.

Hayley Weatherall, 32, plotted with new love Glenn Pollard to get rid of her dying spouse Ray, who was suffering from brain cancer.

Along with his daughter Heather, 20, who now identifies as Arthur after transitioning, the murderous trio, from Sandwich in Kent, carried out a string of failed plans to kill Ray.

These included poisoning him, drugging him with sleeping pills and insulin and pushing him overboard on a fishing trip.

But despite Weatherall being caged for life in November, the couple are still seeing each other regularly at Bronzefield Prison in Surrey.

His latest visit was to celebrate their wedding anniversary.

Warped Weatherall even made Ray a card for the occasion, on which she drew a picture of a teddy bear and wrote inside: "I am so sorry and I love you more than ever.

"You and our babies are all that matters to me and nothing and no one will ever come between us I swear. All my love, hugs and kisses, Hayley," reports the Mirror.

Warped Weatherall made this card for Ray on their anniversary

Last night a family member told the Sunday People: "Ray and Hayley hugged and cuddled in jail. They were very happy to see each other.

“They are very aware though that it’s the only place they will be meeting for a very, very long time.”

Previously, Ray revealed that Weatherall had admitted she still loves him.

He told Good Morning Britain: "I'd much love her to come home, but I know that she isn't going to, not in my lifetime.

"So I've got to deal with the future as it's fed to me now.

"She's always been a loving wife so I don't think she's as bad as she's being made out to be as she never actually done anything."

Stricken Ray, 53, had just months to live when Heather blasted him in the face "like a sniper".

Weatherall cruelly sent her lover a message saying "they didn't do a very good job did they? He's still here" while her husband was recovering in hospital.

She also told a relative "I can't wait for him to die" after Ray was diagnosed with brain cancer.

But Ray was ignorant of the plotting and had no idea his wife was planning to start a new life with treacherous Glenn Pollard, who he considered a "brother".

He even told host Susanna Reid he forgives his wife for her murderous plans, adding: "She apologised for what she got herself tangled up in and there's not much we can do about it now."

He also blamed Pollard for the scheme and insisted his wife had just been "dragged into it".

Ray said: "I'm disgusted with Glenn and his daughter. Glenn was most certainly the driver of it all."

He previously told The Sun how he still loves Weatherall despite the plots to kill him and said he was “absolutely gutted” at his wife’s sentence.

The tree surgeon said: "I love Hayley, I always have and always will.”

He added: " I know people will think I’m crazy. If I was looking at it from the outside I’d be saying lock them up and throw away the key.

"But I’d rather Hayley wasn’t locked up at all. In my heart of hearts I am convinced that she was brainwashed by him."

The trio were caged for life at Maidstone Crown Court for the "cold, calculated and chilling cruelty" they inflicted on Ray.

Weatherall wept as she was handed a minimum sentence for conspiracy to murder, while her lover and his daughter will serve at least 17 and 15 years respectively.

The court was told Pollard had previously been married to Ray's niece, Karen, when he started an "intense and passionate" tryst with Weatherall.

Judge Adele Williams said the pair pursued their affair with intensity, sending each other explicit texts and exchanging sexual photos.

Jurors heard how their brutality was revealed when cops launched an investigation after Ray was shot in the face in November last year.

The bullet penetrated Ray's right cheek, passed through his throat and the base of his skull, and out through his left cheek.

Detectives discovered Ray had also been left with second degree burns after a swimming pool heater explosion, with their other schemes soon unravelling.

Kent Police raided their homes and quickly recovered the bolt-action rifle that was used to shoot him as well as hundreds of messages Weatherall and her lover sent each other as they plotted to kill Ray.

The court heard that when Pollard sent a text to Weatherall to say he couldn't go through with throwing her husband from their fishing boat, she replied: "That's a shame."

The cheating wife's phone also showed chilling internet searches for "Techniques of silent killing", "Creative ways to kill someone", "Insulin shock", "Sepsis", "Cyanide poisoning" and "How to kill someone via a wound".