A TEENAGE girl was sucked into a boat's propeller and badly hurt while swimming with dolphins in Egypt.

The 19-year-old woman was on holiday in Hurghada, and was taking part in a diving experience when she was pulled under the boat and her head was stuck into the rotating blades.

The woman, from Germany, was left with a 4ins cut to her head, a damaged shoulder with broken ribs and fingers as well as bad bruising.

She had been on board a pleasure boat called Crystal which took her out in the Red Sea for the dive.

But Sarah Rahmman, from Bielefeld in the North Rhine-Westphalia, quickly realised the sea was too rough to swim in.

She told German newspaper BILD: “Although there was a lot of waves, the tour operator urged us vacationers to jump into the sea.

“I saw the dolphins briefly under water.

“So I swam back to the ship that was circling us. I was almost at the boat ladder, there must have been a big wave flushed towards the propeller.

“I fainted, do not know about the minutes after that."

Luckily experienced diver, George Bichara Fahmy, jumped from a neighbouring boat and saved her.

Now her furious dad, who was also in Egypt, said the family have reported the boating company for assault, claiming the boats captain should not have let tourists in the water while the propeller was still spinning.

BILD claimed trip organiser, the Balu Dolphin Friends company, was not available for comment and the firm's website has now been taken offline.

The incident comes as the safety of holidays in Egypt comes into focus after the mysterious death of John Cooper, 69, and wife Susan, 63, and claims of a poisoning bug at the Red Sea resort of Hurghada.