A TEENAGE girl was killed during her driving test when her car stalled on a level crossing and she was hit by a train.

The 18-year-old, named only as Angelika, died in hospital but the examiner escaped unhurt and reportedly did nothing to help the girl as she lay in the wreckage.

The horrific crash, which happened on Thursday in Zaskala, southern Poland, was captured in terrifying CCTV footage.

It shows the red Suzuki Baleno, which was being used for a driving test, coming to a halt at the level crossing, before the examiner jumps out and a train slams into the vehicle.

The 62-year-old man, whose name has not been released, leaped out of the car when Angelika stalled in the middle of the tracks and wasn’t able to move the car.

Witnesses reported seeing the examiner walking away from the car when the oncoming train smashed into it in the horrifying accident between the towns of Nowy Targ and Zakopane.

Rafal Kwak, 40, who saw the crash, accused the instructor of standing by and doing nothing while Angelika lay in the wreckage.

He said: “'I wanted him to give me a first aid kit but he couldn't find it.

“She was still breathing, but she was very wheezy, she was getting weaker, she was disappearing before our eyes.”

Witness, Michal, 39, said: “The girl had a big head wound, her blood was everywhere, we tried to stop it.”

He added: “I heard her heavy breathing, fading in front of us.”

Another anonymous witness said that Angelika was “half a metre away from surviving, she was already starting to move the car.”

However despite the train driver sounding his horn for several seconds, the tragic teen was unable to get away in time – although the examiner escaped unhurt.

The witness added: “Then I saw the train pushing the car along the tracks in front of me."

Angelika suffered multiple injuries and was rushed by ambulance hospital to in Nowy Targ where she later died later that day.

The train driver and passengers were not injured in the disaster.

An investigation into the crash has been launched by the Nowy Targ’s District Prosecutor’s Office.