A FORMER teacher has admitted having sex with a 14-year-old student in her car and in a barn.

Stephanie Peterson, 27, also sent the pupil lewd messages and photos, while claiming she fell in love with him.

Peterson allegedly picked up the student at his home before having sex in her home and her car.

The pair also had sex in a barn behind the student’s house, court documents show.

The pupil’s mum found out about the romps and messages leading Peterson to panic that the police were going to be contacted.

The former teacher wrote to the teen: “So she’s planning on doing something with it.”

In another message, Peterson wrote: “Pleas [sic] tell her it was the worst decision of my life and I know it was and idk where my brain was but that I somehow fell in love with you briefly and idk why and I’ll never be the same person because of it.”

She later asked the teen if she should speak to his mother in a last-ditch effort to prevent the police from getting involved.

Peterson later begged him to “delete everything” in reference to the messages and photos.

Court documents show the romps started as early as November 2017.

Peterson pleaded guilty on Tuesday as part of a plea deal to lewd or lascivious battery sex act with a child and transmission of harmful material to minors by electronic means, according reports by the Daytona Beach News-Journal.

She is now facing up to ten years in prison.

Her attorney William Hathaway told local news that she deserves less than five years.

A spokesman for the State Attorney’s Office told the News-Journal that Peterson will be required to register as a sex offender.

Peterson declined to comment following Tuesday’s court appearance, as did relatives of the 14-year-old victim, according to the newspaper.