A TAXI driver has denied calling a mum a "fat b****" - claiming she yelled at him to "f*** off back to where you came from".

Sayed Sadaat, 24, hit back to "clear his name" after Shauna Stephenson accused him of shouting abuse at her in a row over her daughter kicking leaves at his car.

The cabbie, who moved from Afghanistan to the UK 12 years ago, feared he may lose his job after Shauna urged taxi bosses to sack him yesterday.

She told the Hull Daily Mail the driver stopped to shout at because her daughters Sophia, seven, and Olivia, three, were playing in leaves and some brushed his car.

Shauna said: "I couldn't believe it - and it really upset my daughter. It was only leaves.

"He called me a fat b**** and I was just totally gobsmacked by it all, then he drove off."

But last night Sayed denied the abusive comment and claimed one of the girls had thrown a stone at his car.

He admits calling her a "silly irresponsible mum", and that "she needs to look at what her kids are doing".

Sayed told the newspaper: "I was going slow down the street anyway, about 15mph, but if one of those children came running out and I would have knocked them down - then it would have been me with the blame.

"I told the woman to keep an eye on her kids and she told me to f*** off back to my country."

Syed has reported the incident to the police as an alleged hate crime.

Shauna has strongly denied his version of events, saying the comments she allegedly made were "vile".

She told the newspaper: "In the heat of the moment, I might have told him to f*** off, but not back to his own country."

Sun Online have contacted 35 Taxis for comment.