A US woman’s terrifying near death experience when her tandem skydive went horribly wrong has been caught on camera.

Colorado woman Raleigh Lillith’s foot got caught in the drogue parachute - a parachute released quickly after a jump to slow down and stabilise the skydiver - shortly after she jumped with a tandem instructor from 14,000 ft in Las Vegas last week. The force of the parachute against them falling was too much for her to free her foot.

The pair were sent hurtling towards earth head first.

The vision shows the pair tumbling mid air, while Raleigh’s leg is lifted up by the parachute. Raleigh can be seen tugging at the rope, but her foot is still stuck, she said she kicked off her shoe, and the pair were trying to free her foot.

Raleigh can be heard letting out a scream. A couple of terrifying minutes go by, as the instructor tries to get the in position. Then, the reserve parachute was released.

As they’re gliding, the instructor can be heard asking is she’s alright.

“No, no, just, my foot.” She said.

The 18-year-old was taken hospital, and miraculously her foot wasn’t broken.

“I ended up in the hospital, luckily it was my metal ankle..therefore a lot stronger, so thankful it’s not broken and honestly extremely surprising.” She wrote on an Instagram post.