TADD Fujikawa, who at 15 became the youngest person to qualify for the US Open back in 2006, has come out as gay — making him the first male in his sport to do so.

“So … I’m gay,’ the 27-year-old announced on Instagram. “Many of you may have already known that. I don’t expect everyone to understand or accept me.

“But please be gracious enough to not push your beliefs on me or anyone in the LGBTQ community. My hope is this post will inspire each and every one of you to be more empathetic and loving towards one another,” he said.

Golf.com says he is the first male in his sport to publicly identify as being gay.

“The love and support have been overwhelming,’ he told Golf.com following the announcement. ‘I’m so glad that I came out. I can finally be the best version of me”

Fujikawa won hearts as a 16-year-old in 2006 when he managed to make the cut of the US Open — the youngest player to do so in history.

His ranking has since slipped and is currently 2042 in the world.

Fujikawa is a native of Hawaii and chose to forgo college golf to become a very young professional.

Fujikawa’s announcement coincided with World Suicide Prevention Day.

Members of the LPGA Tour have come out as gay in the past, but Fujikawa is the first male pro golfer.

He indicated his hope is that it will open the door for others.

“I can’t wait for the day we all can live without feeling like we’re different and excluded,” Fujikawa wrote. “A time where we don’t have to come out, we can love the way we want to love and not be ashamed. We are all human and equal after all. So I dare you … spread love. Let’s do our part to make this world a better place.”