A text message from the “sugar baby” who brought down the career of Nationals MP Andrew Broad has emerged, reportedly showing her asking him to pay for her silence.

According to the Herald Sun, which has seen the message, Hong Kong-based woman Amy Keating sent Mr Broad a text asking him to pay $1450 within 24 hours.

“I have all your seedy messages and will go public with more story if you don’t transfer the allowance of 8000 HKD ($A1450) into my PayPal account … by the end of the day,” a message reportedly said.

“And believe me, I’m fully aware of how much more I could get if I went public to the papers with my story.”

It appears Mr Broad did not pay the money and reported the incident to the Australian Federal Police on November 8 but the agency was unable to take action because it lacked jurisdiction.

Mr Broad resigned from his frontbench position and announced he would not contest the next federal election after details of his meeting with Ms Keating at the expensive Aqua restaurant in Hong Kong were published by New Idea.

The magazine reported the married politician used the “sugar baby” website, Seeking Arrangement, to meet younger women on work trips.

It also published a series of text messages between the two, including one from Mr Broad who said he had booked a “flashy room to seduce you back to”.

After asking whether Ms Keating liked “Aussie accents” he wrote, “I pull you close, run my strong hands down your back, softly kiss your neck and whisper, ‘G’day mate.’”

In going public with her story, Ms Keating (referred to only as Amy in the article) told New Idea that she didn’t think someone like Mr Broad should be in a position of power and make decisions for the country.

In some of their text messages Mr Broad appeared to brag about his promotion to the position of Assistant Minister to the Deputy Prime Minister.

“I think it’s pretty strange and risky of him to send me photos of him on the news. It appears he wanted to show off and told me he was a very important person,” Ms Keating said.

Mr Broad has since told Nationals members in his safe seat of Mallee that he made a “grave error of judgment” due to pressures in his job and at home, according to the Herald Sun.

In a statement announcing his resignation, Mr Broad thanked his family, staff, Nationals members and the community for their support.

“I have tried my best and at times we have achieved good things, but I have also let them down.”