STUDENTS are being investigated after pictures emerged of them wearing t-shirts covered in offensive slogans mocking child murders and rape.

Lancaster University revellers daubed swastika on each other alongside phrases including "I've got muscles cus dad raped me" and "Mandela touched kids".

And another slogan on a different student said: "Sandyhook woz bantz" - a reference to the 2012 school massacre in Connecticut.

Others were seen saying "Jimmy Saville was misunderstood" and "f**k gay rights", The National Student reports.

The shirts were reportedly worn by members of the university's Snow Sports Society during a night out at Sugarhouse - a nightclub run by the students' union.

One lad appeared to be wearing a Nazi swastika inside a love-heart above a message scrawled in red pen saying: "I like 12 year olds."

Furious Twitter users blasted the students in angry messages sharing the shocking images online after they were originally posted by the Sugarhouse last month.

One wrote: "This was a social event and was very insensitive to people who have dealt with these issues and these photo images aren't even the worst of it, reports show that there were many other things on there that promoted child abuse, hate and rape."

And another tagged Lancaster University Students' Union in a post about the pictures asking "is this acceptable?"

She continued: "I already know that people will pipe up and start saying 'everyone's making a big deal about it'.

"NO. This is A BIG DEAL.

"Every day we hide away our problems because we think it's insignificant whilst there are people out there being nasty and horrible and getting away with it."

The official Lancaster University Students' Union account replied to say: "This matter is the subject of a live investigation by the students' union, as is our policy when allegations are made relating to breaches of our codes of conduct.

"The club was immediately suspended as soon as the students' union became aware of this issue."

In a later tweet, the Union added: "The panel has already agreed that the behaviour fell far below the standards that were expected and was due to meet to finalise sanctions against the club."

Lancaster University has been contacted for comment.