A UNIVERSITY student who visited her doctor because she was feeling "run down" was stunned to discover she was 37 weeks pregnant.

Laura Molloy, 22, from Dublin, had no bump and hadn't even missed a period.

She had noticed she'd put on a bit of weight and had taken two pregnancy tests, but both were negative.

After being told she was to become a mum in three weeks, Laura was sent to the Coobe maternity hospital for a full check-up.

Speaking about her GP examination, Laura recalled: "My first thought was, 'She’s after finding a tumour, I’ve got terminal cancer'. Then she said, ‘I think you're pregnant’.

“She said, 'The only reason I can think of [for a negative test] is that you’re already past 28 weeks and the hormone that gives you a positive pregnancy test has already left your body.'

“I’ve no bump, no morning sickness, no feeling of any movement... I thought, this has to be a mix-up.

"I was in complete shock. I couldn’t believe this was happening to me."

The news only properly sank in for Laura, who'd been studying film and broadcasting at Dublin Institute of Technology, after she heard her baby's heartbeat.

She was informed by doctors that though her bump was only measuring at 17 weeks, the baby’s femur length was measuring at 37 weeks.

The reason behind her small bump was because the baby had grown behind her placenta - which explained why she didn't feel it kicking.

Speaking about the moment she first saw her scan picture, Laura recalled: "I remember thinking, how did the baby come all this way on its own?

“I can’t describe what it felt like to see this grainy, rubbery image, that is a baby - not any baby but my baby."

Laura admitted it took her parents - and boyfriend Luke Bennett - a while to get their heads around her bombshell news.

She said: "Three weeks earlier I was thinking about a holiday me and Luke were planning; now we’re not having a holiday, but a baby.

“I’m gonna meet this little person who’s been hiding from me for all these months."

Her waters broke on her due date less than a month later, and after 18 hours of labour Laura give birth to a little boy called Finn.

Three years later, Laura said she couldn't imagine life without her son - and is planning on heading back to college to study teaching.

“Five years ago I would never have imagined my life like this," she admitted.

“But all I can say is I can’t remember a world without Finn, and I certainly don’t ever want to live in one without him.”

Laura will share her story on RTE Radio One’s Documentary on One: The Announcement tonight (Sunday 9 September) at 7pm.

We previously told how a shocked mum had a surprise baby despite having a flat stomach and regular periods.

And one mum found out she was EIGHT months pregnant four days after a boozy hen do… despite her husband having a vasectomy.