SIMON Cowell sent a "lorry load" of bedding and toys to Scarlett Lee's family after their home burnt down last month.

X Factor contestant Scarlett has revealed that her mentor took it upon himself to treat her brother, his wife, and their children following the blaze that destroyed all of their belongings.

Speaking to OK! magazine, Scarlett shared: "Simon had sent my family new mattresses, bedding, pillows and quilts, a big massive lorry load.

"We keep getting little surprises. He sent Harrods toys for the children."

The singer went on to add that the mogul didn't even enlist his large team to carry out the act of kindness on his behalf, explaining: "I mentioned it to a few of the X Factor team and they were like: 'Oh, we didn’t know that.’

"Simon did it all himself. He offers you so much support.

"I don’t know how I would have got through that without his support, because it was overwhelming."

At the end of October, Scarlett's brother Benjamin, his wife Sharon and their four young children were lucky to be alive after their caravan caught fire due to a faulty plug socket.

The home burned to the ground and Scarlett, who is believed to have been in the neighbouring caravan, was left needing a medical procedure when burning embers got in her eyes as she ran into the flames to rescue her family.

The 21-year-old star previously shared photos of three large Harrods hampers, stuffed full of designer clothes and other treats, that Simon had sent to her family.

The luxury gifts also included a handwritten note from TV's Mr. Nasty, which read: "Thinking of you at this difficult time."

As well as Calvin Klein clothes and expensive food, the hampers included Juicy Couture accesories and toys for the children.

Scarlett was forced to take two days off from rehearsals following the tragic incident, but bravely performed as planned on that weekend's live show.

Speaking on the show, the hopeful shared: "These last days have been really, really tough for me.

"I've had to have a few days off due to a family emergency.

"My brother's home caught fire and I was running in and out of it, that's how my eye got damaged. I ran into the building.

"My eye got burnt, I've just got out of hospital. It's just getting over it and thinking, my family is alive, I'm alive.

"This is the only thing I've got to look forward to."

It took six fire crews more than four hours to put out the blaze, which started at around 7.30am, with the firefighters saying that Scarlett's family were "lucky to be alive".

Scarlett is now Simon's final act in the singing competition after both Shan Ako and Bella Penfold were eliminated in last night's results show with Shan's elimination particularly surprising for fans - even sparking "fix" claims.