A STUDENT has posted a video on Facebook showing the moment a female police officer drags her out of a car by her hair, before another four cops pounce on her.

Samantha Luna, 20, clashed with police in California after they accused her of being drunk in public — it is illegal to drink alcohol in the United States under the age of 21. She claims she was stopped for “my friend sticking her head out of the sunroof”, The Sun reported.

The clip shows Ms Luna asking cops for advice on how to help her friend.

She then asks officer Sergeant Janelle Jackson: “Why are you being so rude?”

The cop hits back: “You’re the one that’s being rude.

“Seriously? You’re about two seconds from going to jail for public intoxication.

“Do you not understand that? So I would stop talking if I were you.”

The officer becomes even more frustrated before saying: “I just explained to you why she is going to jail and where she is going, so what other information would you like from me?”

A man in the back seat of the car, who appears to be filming the conversation, is heard asking how long it would take before they can pick their friend up.

Moments after the officer responds, the footage is cut to the officer asking Ms Luna for her full-name before the situation escalates after Ms Luna is accused of lying.

She is seen on the video telling Sgt Jackson that she has two last names because she is Mexican. Sgt Jackson says, “What’s on your license?”

“Alonso Luna,” is the response. And Sgt Jackson says, “That’s what you should have told me.”

The officer is then seen grabbing Ms Luna before growling: “You’re going to jail”, and dragging her from the car.

Ms Luna can then be heard shouting to another friend to film the altercation.

Another officer joins as the two try to handcuff her.

The video then skips to Ms Luna and the officers on the ground, her friends in the car can be heard saying, “Sam, stop resisting.”

The student is alleged to have grabbed Sgt Jackson’s hair as she tried to wrestle her off, while

Sgt Jackson tells her fellow officers to “cut my hair, I don’t care”, before Ms Luna finally lets go.

A total of five officers are seen trying to subdue her as she screams and swears before taking her into custody.

Ms Luna was ultimately booked on “suspicion of resisting arrest, battery on a peace officer, public intoxication, and providing false identification to a police officer,” according to a statement from the university.

She has now started a GoFundMe page — with a $10,000 goal — to help pay her legal bills. She says she was hesitant to make the GoFundMe account “because I didn’t want people to lose focus on the real matter at hand, but at the request of all the generous people who have suggested the need for one to cover my legal costs, I decided there’s nothing I could lose by making one.”

Ms Luna, who says she believes in justice and dreams of becoming successful lawyer, says she can’t talk about the incident, but that “it is natural instinct to want to resist out of fear and confusion when feeling attacked and helpless and there is no need for excessive force from ‘Peace Officers’ we should feel protected by.”

Despite thanking people all over the world, “from Australia to Nigeria, from New York to Holland reaching out to me to show their genuine care”, not everyone has sided with the student.

One person posted on her Facebook post saying: “Samantha Luna you where (sic) wrong when a cop stops you shut your mouth an do what they say.”

Another went on to say, “I actually think YOU were in fact being rude to the officer AND you resisted arrest … I think you are the one that needs to open your eyes.”