SAMANTHA Geimer, who director Quentin Tarantino said wanted sex with director Roman Polanski when she was 13, says he is wrong to suggest she welcomed her rape.

Ms Geimer, now 53, told the New York Daily News, that she had never heard Tarantino’s 2003 interview with Howard Stern where he claims she was never rape, that she was “down to party” and that she “wanted it”.

“I hope he doesn’t make an arse of himself and keep talking that way,” she said. “I do not need other people weighing in on what it’s like getting raped at 13.”

“I’m not upset, but I would probably feel better if (Tranatino) realises now that he was wrong, after 15 years, after hearing the facts,” she said. “Nobody has to be pissed off on my behalf. I’m okay.”

Ms Geimer wrote in a 2013 book, The Girl: A Life in the Shadow of Roman Polanski, that she had made peace with the incident and had forgiven the fugitive director for plying her with champagne and part of a Quaalude before raping and sodomizing her at actor Jack Nicholson’s compound in the Hollywood Hills when he was 43 and she was 13.

She said the six weeks Polanski served in prison during a court-ordered evaluation before he fled the country on the eve of sentencing in 1978 were enough for her.

“I have forgiven him and moved on,” she told The News in 2015. “He pled guilty, served his time, and I’m not quite sure what anyone expects beyond that. That’s satisfactory to me. It should be to everyone.”

In the Tarnatino interview, which has resurfaced this week, he defends Polanski.

“He didn’t rape a 13-year-old. It was statutory rape…he had sex with a minor. That’s not rape. To me, when you use the word rape, you’re talking about violent, throwing them down — it’s like one of the most violent crimes in the world,” Tarantino said in 2003. “She wanted to have it.”

Ms Geimer even said she was still a fan of Tarantino’s movies, including True Romance, but said “being a celebrity doesn’t make you a great guy.”

The backlash against Tranatino came after Uma Thurman claimed the director “tried to kill her” in a scene filmed for the movie Kill Bill and that his friend Harvey Weinstein covered it up.