New York City police were concerned about Pete Davidson after he wrote “I don’t want to be on this earth anymore” on Instagram, so they went to check on the “Saturday Night Live” star to make sure he was OK.

The Kanye-Drake-Grande Twitter feud took a heartbreaking turn after Mr Davidson shared the grave post on the social network.

Ariana Grande’s ex was showing his support for Mr West who blasted Drake earlier this week, alleging the fellow rapper had ‘threatened’ him and was “disrespectful to all people with mental health conditions”.

During the stoush, Ms Grande wrote: “Guys, I know there are grown men arguing online run but Miley and I dropping our beautiful, new songs tonight so if y’all could please jus behave for just like a few hours so the girls can shine that’d be so sick thank u.”

Mr Davidson wrote on Instagram that it wasn’t easy to talk about mental health, and appeared to take a jab at the “thank u, next” singer in the process.

“Bravo Kanye West for standing up for yourself and speaking out against mental health. I can’t explain to you enough how difficult and scary it is to be honest about stuff like this,” he wrote.

“We need people like Kanye. No one should ever point fingers at you for your bravery in speaking about mental health. I’m seriously disgusted.”

But just a few minutes later, the Saturday Night Live actor whose engagement with Ms Grande was called off in October, shared an alarming post.

“I really don’t want to be on this Earth anymore. I’m doing my best to stay here for you but I actually don’t know how much longer I can last. All I’ve ever tried to do was help people. Just remember I told you so,” Mr Davidson wrote, before deactivating his Instagram account.

A New York City Police Department spokesman declined to say where officers met with Mr Davidson but confirmed they had been sent out to check on him.

The native New Yorker, 25, is best known as a comedian who has appeared on SNL since 2014.

He had only recently returned to Instagram following his breakup with Ms Grande to push his upcoming movie, Big Time Adolescence.
Mr Davidson has previously talked about his struggles with borderline personality disorder.

Twitter was flooded with messages in support of the comedian and actor.

“I thought a lot about Pete Davidson when I was writing Hope and Other Punchlines. Sending him all the strength and love today,” author Julie Buxbaum wrote.

“Pete Davidson … hang in there. There is a lot of help out here. Surrender to some love some where around you … today! Right now! And then … let in the help that will become available. I’m praying for you Pete. I’ve been there. It gets better,” Will Smith’s wife, Jada Pinkett Smith wrote.

Earlier, Mr West criticised Ms Grande’s tweet, which came just two hours before the release of her single “Imagine.”

“I know Ariana said this to be cool and didn’t mean no harm but I don’t like even slightest level of slight commentary from someone I know loves and respects me,” Mr West tweeted.

“All of this foolishness weighed on my mental health so @arianaGrande you know I got love for you but until you’re ready to really make sure everyone’s OK don’t use me or this moment to promote a song.”

Ms Grande responded, saying: “With all due respect, I don’t need to use anyone to promote anything. Period. I was making a comment [about] what men were doing at the time vs. women.”

“It was a joke which I understand now was probably insensitive. I apologise if I was in any way triggering and hope you feel well today.”