THERE’S no greater feeling than arriving home and devouring a Macca’s drive-through meal.

But there’s nothing worse than realising they screwed up your order.

Whether it’s a rogue pickle not taken off a cheeseburger, or a Coke instead of Fanta, the lingering disappointment is bloody real.

Bass Hill resident Santo La Rocca claimed he had paid cash for almost $20 worth of food.

But when he got home, his dreams of ripping into his double cheeseburgers, nuggets and chips were dashed. He’d been given the wrong order.

“I couldn’t be bothered to take it back because how many times do they stuff up your order when you go through the drive through?” he told theInner West Courier.

What he wasn’t expecting was for the police to knock on his door at 10.30pm that night, two hours after he’d placed the order, to accuse him of theft.

Bass Hill McDonald’s staff had told police he only ordered two frozen Cokes, but he insisted he ordered more than that.

“I explained that to the officers and they said you should have returned the food that didn’t belong to me and I said: ‘No, they stuffed it up so why should I go back?’

“It’s a ridiculous waste of time to chase people for getting the wrong Macca’s order.

“Shouldn’t they be fighting crime, not fighting the Hamburglar?”

According to the Inner West Courier, police tracked him down after obtaining the numberplate of his car.

A spokesman for McDonald’s told news.com.au they called police because Mr La Rocca was allegedly filming employees without their permission.

“Our employees felt intimidated by the person filming them without consent and decided to notify the police, who chose to investigate further,” McDonald’s said in a statement.

A NSW Police spokesman confirmed these reports.

“Police from Bankstown attended a fast food restaurant at about 9pm, on Thursday, March 22, following reports a man had earlier driven into the drive-through and began filming staff without permission, and allegedly failed to pay for food,” the spokesman told news.com.au.

“At 10.30pm, officers attended a home in Georges Hall and spoke with a 44-year-old man about both incidents.

“Following inquiries, police will not be taking any formal action due to conflicting versions provided.”

Mr La Rocca said the filming of staff was “a bit of harmless fun” for Snapchat, claiming they did not discuss potential penalties for the filming.

News.com.au has contacted Mr La Rocca for comment.