PIERS Morgan has described plus size model Tess Holliday as "very sad" after she put up a picture of herself in her underwear, captioning it "Damn... that look good”.

The Good Morning Britain host wrote on Twitter: "This is very sad. She badly needs better friends, who are going to be more honest with her & explain she is dangerously overweight & should do something about it."

But other people said Piers was being over-the-top with one person writing: "I think you're great Piers but this is slightly OTT. Some people struggle losing weight, let’s not jump straight to conclusions!"

Another added: "Still going on about this? Why do you keep picking on, or should I say, bullying this woman? Fatism alive and well?"

Piers' latest remarks come just weeks after he took on Tess for her Cosmo cover, accusing her of celebrating obesity.

American Tess, 33, responding to Piers on that occasion, said: "I’m not doing this for people like Piers, I’m doing this for women around the world that need to see someone that look like me to feel less alone and to understand that the way they look is beautiful."

She added: "The majority of my following is not plus-size. At the end of the day we all have issues with our bodies.

"I’m sure Piers has them as well. We can go along with a bit of respect and kindness but unfortunately not in this case."

Now she's posted a mirror selfie of herself in lace underwear on Instagram, captioning it: "Damn... that look good” #effyourbeautystandards."

Tess' post has been liked an amazing 63,000 times with people posting positive comments underneath.

remy_artemis@j.d2412 said: "You know, my cousin always said, it’s not about what your body looks like, it’s about what it can do and clearly Tess is doing incredible things.

"We should all strive to be healthy, but still love our bodies at every size and stage."

natalie.seeley added: " Self care is essential, do something for you every day, focus on the things that you like about yourself. Because everyone has something they love about themselves.

"You are you and you are perfect and irreplaceable and don't ever let anyone else tell you otherwise."

billiebeal wrote: "Your [sic] so beautiful naturally."

She's not the first model to celebrate body confidence lately.

Yesterday we revealed Britain's Iskra Lawrence, 28, had battled an eating disorder and body dysmorphia, after posting about it on Instagram.

She was prompted to speak out after a fan posted on her account "if I looked like her all my problems would go away”.

Iskra, responding, said: "Maybe it was said in jest but thoughts turn into consciousness, and in turn can start to affect our mindset, outlook, and how we view ourselves.

"Which in turn will eventually be your reality - I used to think like that.

"I’d look at pictures of slimmer models that were highly successful and believe if I looked like them (including the unrealistic photoshop) that I would also have a more successful career, love life, I’d be happier and life would be better."