PIERS Morgan branded a guest an “annoying little twerp” during a heated debate about objectifying men on today’s Good Morning Britain.

The controversial host shouted at Richard Holt to “shut up” as they discussed the fact an advert featuring a 58-year-old man topless had been banned.

Richard initially appeared on the show to argue that there was nothing offensive about the advert but after hearing Piers row with fellow guest Harriet Minter, he changed his mind.

Piers raged at Harriet: “Why don’t you just put a cork in it? Nobody in the world could be offended by this.

“You have taken the bad example and extended it to everything. I want to take the good example which is the women are not being objectified in the way you have always claimed and this bloke certainly isn’t.”

At that point Richard interjected, telling her: “I slightly lost the will to live when you were speaking before.

“The reason we are talking about it is because he looks great. Most men love being objectified at any age.”

The row then intensified, with Piers saying: “I have never met a single man on planet earth, population nearly 7 billion, who would feel objectified.”

Harriet replied: “Being objectified is a thing which has kept women down for years. It is the reason we can’t go into work safely because of fear of sexual harassment, it is the reason we have higher levels of domestic violence against women.”

As Piers continued, Richard had a change of heart about the topic and told him: “You are shouting so much that I now want to join Harriet’s side.”

Piers then started to tell him to shut up, before saying: “I don’t think you are the best guest we could have booked for this. I have no idea what are you doing.”

After the guests left he turned to the camera and said: “He’s an annoying little twerp”.